Thursday, December 13, 2012

Why am I pro RH?

I am Pro RH because I know how it feels like to be a young girl growing up in a country where sex is taboo and the only semblance of sex ed we had were lessons on menstruation from sanitary napkins promoting their products in school.

I had a classmate who in high-school thought she could get pregnant if she held hands naked with a boy on a bed. I read of young girls getting pregnant at 14 because they didn't understand how it all worked.

So yes, I think it matters. It would have mattered to my classmate, to that pregnant 14 year old, and it certainly matters to me.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, Riza. Celebrations are in order since the bill has passed the final readings! :) Let's be on this until it gets implemented! :)

      Delete

Leave a comment to let me know what you think!