Friday, September 14, 2012

GET OUT MORE


“Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?” 
― Mary Oliver







I love technology. I love the internet and how easily it can connect me to everything else in the world. I am at awe at the wonders of self publishing and the instantaneous flow of information and media. I live my days behind this screen looking at photos of places I have never visited, or reading about people from halfway around the world I've never met.

But, I still believe that there is still exquisite beauty in what reality presents. What will a photo of the peak of Everest do you if you've never climbed a hill? What is reading about love and life and laughter, when there are no people to have and to hold.

Life is a beautiful thing. It pays to leave your laptop screen every now and then.




What do you do with the days of your life?



Photos of previous vacations by my father and sister.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment to let me know what you think!