Sunday, September 30, 2012

Get out more, see the world.

“The world is a book, and those who don't travel only read one page.”

― Augustine of Hippo




I remember watching Disney's Aladdin as a little girl and after that wanting, not a prince charming, but my own magic carpet. At the very least, I wanted a prince who could "show me the world"!

Imagine the sun on your face and the wind in your hair. Imagine seeing with your own eyes, the beauty and majesty of mountains and rivers and seas and forests. Imagine looking at the same night sky in a different town, a different country, a different continent!

Imagine realizing how miniscule and insignificant you are compared to this vast beautiful world.

I believe there is a certain type of wisdom a travelled man possesses.

I RESOLVE TO GET OUT MORE AND EXPERIENCE THE WORLD. 


As a line from that Bjork song goes: "Wanderlust, relentlessly craving wanderlust!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment to let me know what you think!