Friday, August 3, 2012

Saran Wrap/Cling Wrap Manicure

These past few days, all I've been doing is paint my nails. I've been dreaming about nail stick ons, but I've gotta grow my nails a little for that.


I promised to give my nails a rest but I couldn't stand to wait when I saw this manicure online. 
Pretty, right?


All you'll need are these:
Saran wrap/cling wrap and two colors of polish plus a colorless top coat.
I used The Face Shop's BRSO2 and Chic's Neon Pink.


 (I personally find it funny that I can probably wrap my whole house in cling wrap and not run out. Do you not see how big that box of "professional quality" cling wrap is?)

I painted my nails with The Face Shop polish as base. After they've dried, I put on a thick coat of the Neon Pink polish. Immediately after, I took a piece of cling wrap, crumpled it up into a ball, and dabbed it on the wet pink polish.



Nothing has to be perfect, dab it once, or dab it as much as you like. Just be sure to do it quickly, I find that you get better results if the polish is still wet.


Wait for the polish to dry a little bit, and cover with a clear top coat. 


Isn't it cool? I love that marbled effect!

Thoughts on this manicure? How about my unhealthy manicure addiction? Let me know!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment to let me know what you think!