Thursday, January 19, 2012

DIY: Tie Dye Nails 2

My obsession with nail polish upped a notch because of this blog. I've been trying and trying all these DIY patterns, and it's been fun-- only I've gotten a little loopy with all the polish fumes. For the past three nights, I've been putting on, and removing polish.

A few months ago, I tried the Tie dye nail thing (check it out here), but I wasn't really satisfied with the results. I thought, what the heck, it's been a week of trial and error anyway, inhaled all the fumes I could inhale.

Proud to say, I've succeeded this time!


Here's a revised tutorial for Tie Dye Nails. You'll need:





A white polish, three contrasting colors of polish, a cup with water, tape, and a plastic knife.

First step is, of course, the white base polish so the color really comes out . 
This time around instead of using petroleum jelly, wrap tape around your finger exposing only the nail.







Drop polish on the cup with water and drag the knife along the polish to create patterns. Make sure to do this quick as the polish dries fast.



Dip your finger (the one covered with tape) onto the glass, nail facing the water. Make sure you pick the area where the colors really mix together to get the tie dye look.

Before lifting your finger from the water and polish, make sure to pick out the leftover polish with the plastic knife. If not, the leftover polish will stick to your nail and ruin the design. Do this with every finger.

Here's what it will look like with the tape and without the tape.





After everything, you will end up with something like this:


But then again, your nails will be looking like this:





What do you think? Better than the last time, yeah?


(I apologize for this last photo, but c'mon! I took it without using my hands!)

2 comments:

  1. I've tried it out a couple of times, too. I think it just needs practice, don't it? :) Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Definitely trying this again till I get it right! :)

      Delete

Leave a comment to let me know what you think!