Friday, November 25, 2011

DIY: "I'm So Fabulous I Piss Glitter" Nails

Ok. I have no idea why I've been so obsessed over nail art lately. Weird.

I've been seeing gradient nail art online a lot. Here's my take on that style.


Sorta like a glitter french tip or mermaid nails. I like my working title better. 
 From what I've seen, they usually use 3 colors, a base coat, and two glitter polishes to make the transition better. But since I love shortcuts, here are the two I used:




Let's begin. The base coat goes on first. Use something plain or matte so that the glitter shows. I used Bobbie's Touch of Tan. I wanted that nude nail feel. 




Add the glitter polish to the tip of your fingers (I used Bobbie's Star Gazer polish). As much as possible make it a clean line. This is so the tips end up darker, and the transition of glitter to no glitter looks better.


The difference between the first coat and the second coat of glitter polish.


Wait for it to dry a little, then add the second coat. This time make sure that you only apply a thinner coat. You should be painting almost half of the nail.

Voila!


Don't forget to cover everything with a clear polish after it's dried.

 I skipped that step, though.
I'm badass like that.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment to let me know what you think!